Angus Rib-eye & Baby Potatoes
1 pc Angus rib-eye, approx. 300g*
150g baby potatoes*
2 white button mushrooms
½ cup green capsicum
½ cup sliced onion
3 cherry tomatoes
2 tsp ZAC beef spice mix*
1½ tsp sea salt
1½ tsp crushed black pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves crushed garlic, skin on
1¼ tbsp butter
⅛ tsp oregano
Black pepper sauce, as desired*
Cooking Instructions (Watch cooking video here):
- Pre-heat oven at 220°C / 428°F (both top & bottom heat).
Roasting the Potatoes
- Wash baby potatoes. Boil them for 8 mins then set aside.
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs, then add ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Lightly crush baby potatoes and sear for 1 min.
- Add 1 clove crushed garlic, rosemary & ¼ tbsp butter. Sprinkle ½ tsp of sea salt & ½ tsp of crushed black pepper, sauté for 10 secs then turn off heat.
- Place baby potatoes in the pre-heated oven and bake for 5 mins. Remove and set aside.
Roasting the Vegetables
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs. Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sliced onion, green capsicum, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes. Sear for 1 min then turn off heat.
- Add ½ tbsp butter & oregano. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sea salt & 1 tsp of crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Place vegetables in the pre-heated oven and bake for 2 mins. Remove and set aside.
Grilling the Steak
- Sprinkle 2 tsp ZAC beef spice mix on both sides of the rib-eye.
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs, then add ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Sear rib-eye for 1 min on each side, ensuring all edges are seared.
- Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, rosemary & ½ tbsp butter. Sauté for 10 secs then turn off heat.
- Place rib-eye in the pre-heated oven.
For medium rare: bake for 3 mins
For medium: bake for 5 mins
For well done: bake for 7 mins
- Remove and transfer to serving plate.
- Using the same pan, add in black pepper sauce. Heat on high heat until sauce starts to boil.
- Transfer to a condiment bowl and serve immediately.
* Items are available at ZAC Butchery:
Angus Rib-eye & Baby Potatoes Ready-to-Cook Meal (for 4 pax)
- 2 x Angus rib-eye (approx. 300g each)
- 300g baby potatoes
- 1 pkt ZAC steak spice mix
- 1 pkt black pepper sauce
- Fresh rosemary