Fried Macaroni a la Nadia
300g minced beef*
100g sliced shallots
1 tbsp tomato paste*
1 tbsp cumin*
¾ tbsp black pepper*
100ml canola oil
1 bunch chopped Chinese parsley
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese*
Red and/or green chillies (optional)
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Then, drain and place macaroni in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat canola oil in a large frying pan and add the sliced shallots, fry till slightly brown. Then, add cumin and black pepper and stir for 1-2 mins.
3. Add minced beef and stir-fry for 8 mins. Then, add the cooked macaroni to the pan and continue to stir-fry for 5 more mins.
4. Empty the beef and macaroni into a big bowl, and sprinkle parmesan cheese onto the macaroni. For added spice, top with red and/or green chillies. Sprinkle chopped Chinese parsley before serving.
* Items are available at ZAC ButcheryORDER NOW