Jayina’s Herb Roasted Beef Bone Marrow
Termed as Prairie butter, God’s butter, or poor man’s foie gras, this fatty and creamy delectable custard is definitely not diet food—you have been warned.
2 – 3 bone marrow per serving
- 1 kg of beef bone marrow*
- Pink Himalayan salt*
- Black pepper*
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped*
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 230 degree celcius for 5 minutes, or 200 degree celcius if using an air fryer.
- Line your sheet tray or air fryer basket with foil or baking parchment. Add marrow bones, and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Sprinkle chopped rosemary over each bone, pop it into your hot oven and roast for 15 minutes, or 20 minutes for your air fryer.
- You’ll want to make sure the marrow is hot and bubbly; any longer and it’ll turn into a hot mess and you’ll only be left with oil.
- Remove with tongs, sprinkle parsley over and spread over toast.
- Best served with chopped capers and lemon juice. You may choose to top this over a fat slab of steak or keep the marrow for your vegetable roasts.
* Items are available at ZAC Butchery.
A mompreneur who dedicates her time to experimenting new halal meals and creative baby/toddler food options in her own kitchen. She also conducts the occasional baby food and nutrition workshops for mothers who are looking for fuss-free, healthy and honest food alternatives for their little ones.