Meatballs & Whole Wheat Pita
2 pita bread*
2 white button mushrooms
½ cup green capsicum
½ cup sliced onion
3 cherry tomatoes
1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp crushed black pepper
⅛ tsp oregano
1 clove crushed garlic, skin on
Hummus, as desired*
Pickled green chilli, as desired*
Cooking Instructions (Watch cooking video here):
- Pre-heat oven at 220°C / 428°F (both top & bottom heat).
Roasting the Vegetables
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs. Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sliced onion, green capsicum, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes. Sear for 1 min then turn off heat.
- Add ½ tbsp butter & oregano. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sea salt & 1 tsp of crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Place vegetables in the pre-heated oven and bake for 2 mins. Remove and set aside.
Toasting the Pita
- Slice pita into quarters. Place onto baking tray and into pre-heated oven. Toast for 2 mins.
- Remove and set aside.
Grilling the Meatballs
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs. Add ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, then adjust to low heat.
- Sear all sides of the meatballs.
- Add crushed garlic & ½ tbsp butter, sauté for 10 secs then turn off heat.
- Place meatballs in the pre-heated oven and bake for 7 mins.
- Remove and transfer to serving plate.
- Serve with hummus and pickled green chilli.
* Items are available at ZAC Butchery:
Meatballs & Whole Wheat Pita Ready-to-Cook Meal (for 4 pax)
- 500g meatballs
- 10 pcs whole wheat pita
- 1 pkt hummus
- 1 pkt pickled green chilli