Mini Beef Wellington
1 pc beef wellington*
2 white button mushrooms*
½ cup green capsicum*
½ cup sliced onion*
3 cherry tomatoes*
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp crushed black pepper
⅛ tsp oregano
Mushroom sauce, as desired*
Cooking Instructions (Watch cooking video here):
- Pre-heat oven at 220°C / 428°F (both top & bottom heat).
Roasting the Vegetables
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs. Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sliced onion, green capsicum, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes. Sear for 1 min then turn off heat.
- Add ½ tbsp butter & oregano. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sea salt & 1 tsp of crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Place vegetables in the pre-heated oven and bake for 2 mins. Remove and set aside.
Baking the Beef Wellington
- Coat frying pan evenly with ½ tbsp butter.
- Place beef wellington onto the pan and into pre-heated oven. Bake for 8 mins.
- Remove and transfer to serving plate.
- Using the same pan, add in mushroom sauce. Heat on high heat until sauce starts to boil.
- Transfer to a condiment bowl and serve immediately.
* Items are available at ZAC Butchery:
Mini Beef Wellington Ready-to-Cook Meal (for 4 pax)
- 4 x mini beef wellington
- 1 pkt assorted fresh vegetables
- 1 pkt mushroom sauce
- Fresh herbs