Sausages & Baby Potatoes
1 Mexican chilli chicken sausage*
1 beef chorizo*
1 lamb marquez*
Baguette, sliced diagonally, as desired*
75g baby potatoes*
1½ tsp sea salt
1½ tsp crushed black pepper
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¾ tbsp butter
1 clove crushed garlic, skin on
2 white button mushrooms
½ cup green capsicum
½ cup sliced onion
3 cherry tomatoes
⅛ tsp oregano
Dijon mustard, as desired*
Cooking Instructions (Watch cooking video here):
- Pre-heat oven at 220°C / 428°F (both top & bottom heat).
Roasting the Potatoes
- Wash baby potatoes. Boil them for 8 mins then set aside.
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs, then add ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Lightly crush baby potatoes and sear for 1 min.
- Add 1 clove crushed garlic, rosemary & ¼ tbsp butter. Sprinkle ½ tsp of sea salt & ½ tsp of crushed black pepper, sauté for 10 secs then turn off heat.
- Place baby potatoes in the pre-heated oven and bake for 5 mins. Remove and set aside.
Roasting the Vegetables
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs. Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sliced onion, green capsicum, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes. Sear for 1 min then turn off heat.
- Add ½ tbsp butter & oregano. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sea salt & 1 tsp of crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Place vegetables in the pre-heated oven and bake for 2 mins. Remove and set aside.
Toasting the Baguette
- Place baguette slices onto baking tray and drizzle 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil evenly onto them. Place into pre-heated oven and toast for 2 mins.
- Remove and set aside.
Grilling the Sausages
- Heat pan on medium heat for about 10 secs. Add ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, then adjust to low heat.
- Sear sausages for 1 min on each side. Continue cooking them for 2 more mins until firm and slightly plump, tossing lightly to ensure even cooking.
- Remove and transfer to serving plate.
- Serve with with Dijon mustard.
* Items are available at ZAC Butchery:
Sausages & Baby Potatoes Ready-to-Cook Meal (for 4 pax)
- 4 x Mexican chilli chicken sausage
- 4 x beef chorizo
- 4 x lamb marquez
- 300g baby potatoes
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1 pkt Dijon mustard