Wagyu Beef Sirloin & Baby Potatoes
1 pc Wagyu beef sirloin, approx. 300g*
150g baby potatoes*
2 white button mushrooms
½ cup green capsicum
½ cup sliced onion
3 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp ZAC beef spice mix*
1½ tsp sea salt
1½ tsp crushed black pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves crushed garlic, skin on
1¼ tbsp butter
⅛ tsp oregano
Porterhouse garlic butter, as desired*
Cooking Instructions (Watch cooking video here):
- Pre-heat oven at 220°C / 428°F (both top & bottom heat).
Roasting the Potatoes
- Wash baby potatoes. Boil them for 8 mins then set aside.
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs, then add ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Lightly crush baby potatoes and sear for 1 min.
- Add 1 clove crushed garlic, rosemary & ¼ tbsp butter. Sprinkle ½ tsp of sea salt & ½ tsp of crushed black pepper, sauté for 10 secs then turn off heat.
- Place baby potatoes in the pre-heated oven and bake for 5 mins. Remove and set aside.
Roasting the Vegetables
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs. Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sliced onion, green capsicum, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes. Sear for 1 min then turn off heat.
- Add ½ tbsp butter & oregano. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sea salt & 1 tsp of crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Place vegetables in the pre-heated oven and bake for 2 mins. Remove and set aside.
Grilling the Steak
- Sprinkle 1 tsp ZAC beef spice mix on both sides of the Wagyu sirloin.
- Heat pan on high heat for about 10 secs, then add ½ tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Sear Wagyu sirloin for 1 min on each side, ensuring all edges are seared.
- Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, rosemary & ½ tbsp butter. Sauté for 10 secs then turn off heat.
- Place Wagyu sirloin in the pre-heated oven.
For medium rare: bake for 3 mins
For medium: bake for 4 mins
For well done: bake for 6 mins
- Remove and transfer to serving plate.
- Serve with porterhouse garlic butter.
* Items are available at ZAC Butchery:
Wagyu Beef Sirloin & Baby Potatoes Ready-to-Cook Meal (for 4 pax)
- 2 x Wagyu sirloin (MB 6-7) (approx. 300g each)
- 300g baby potatoes
- 1 pkt ZAC steak spice mix
- 1 roll porterhouse garlic butter
- Fresh herbs